Space and the Broomhouse Hub
Our vision at Space, and the new Broomhouse Hub, is:
‘to nurture, support and inspire, so that lives are fuller, potential is fulfilled and community connections flourish.’
What does Coronavirus mean for our services at Space & the Broomhouse Hub.
Regular updates can be found on our SOCIAL MEDIA channels. If you have any questions about our services please call us on 0131 455 7731.
If you would like to volunteer for any of our support initiatives, please email email@example.com
- Open 9am – 2.30pm (breakfast served 9.30am-midday, lunch served 12-2pm) for courtyard table service and take away food. Also available for those who have vouchers from local schools.
- Physical distancing measures are in place (2m gap) when queuing and between tables.
- You can find more information about food and well-being services available across Edinburgh HERE.
- Our staff are supporting members of the Club, and their carers, with regular telephone calls, door step visits and activity packs.
- We are taking new referrals for people with dementia in South West Edinburgh, to offer a support service. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- We offer support to Adult Carers with regular telephone calls and providing information, advice, well-being and coping strategies.
- We are taking new referrals for carers in need in South West Edinburgh, please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Vintage Vibes has paused all face-to-face visits and group activities. All of our existing friendships are continuing, where possible, over the phone.
- Our singing group is meeting every 2nd and 4th Friday on Zoom, if you would like information on this please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth and Families Services
- We are offering one to one telephone support and/or group support through digital platforms, by telephone, Whatsapp, door step visits and fun and engaging activity packs. We are accepting new referrals for the following services, please email email@example.com for more information:
- Young Carers & Young Adult Carers
- Youth Befriending : Young people affected by parent drug or alcohol use
- Big Hearts Befriending: Young people in kinship care
- P.H.E.W (Peoples Health and Emotional Wellbeing) offering 18 to 25 year olds a safe and friendly space to make connections. Support can also be offered in a one-to-one setting.
- Youth Café Friday evening open to young people across Edinburgh aged 8-15yrs
- Bookbug: You can find our Bookbug sessions on Facebook every Tuesday morning. Everyone is welcome to join in the fun
All services are running with post-Covid measures in place. The Beacon Club offers a service for elderly people with Dementia to be supported, at home. Through Vintage Vibes, in partnership with LifeCare, we support isolated people over 60 with one to one companionship. We help Adult Carers, through one to one telephone support. Our Space for Wellbeing is a friendly and relaxed peer support group, now running on-line.
The Hub is open, with post-Covid measures in place. Book us for your next event, conference, birthday party or meeting. We have a wonderful Space for hospitality and events, with in-house catering. We have a Space for Co-working, with hot desks available by the hour, with physical distancing in place, for the day or a period you require.
Space Kitchen café and courtyard is open Monday to Friday daytime with post-Covid measures in place. Try our delicious, daily changing menu, which often includes wonderful fresh veggies from the Broomhouse Growers. You can also book us for your next event or outside catering needs.
All services are running with post-Covid measures in place. Young Carers and Young Adult Carers, Youth Befriending and Kinship Care (in partnership with Big Hearts) are all being provided with support. On a Friday night we have a Digital Youth Drop in session for local young people. Check out weekly Bookbug on-line for families.