Space Age Connections
Would you like to be part of a new and exciting project?
Could you spare 2 hours per week to volunteer as a Connector to support older people living with dementia or memory loss within the South West of Edinburgh?
Can you help to break through barriers to make a difference in someone’s life?
If so, we would like to talk to you.
We are looking for male and female Connectors who are friendly, understanding and have good communication skills with the ability to listen to others.
Connectors must be happy to provide support to people with dementia and be willing to identify potential opportunities to reduce any isolation they may be feeling. This role is suitable to people aged 18 and over who can offer around 2 hours of their time per week for a minimum of 6 months.
- Give back to your local community and making a significant difference to people with dementia, their families and carers.
- Meet new people and build your own confidence or help other people build theirs.
- Develop your existing skills and learn new ones.
- Add volunteering experience on to your CV.
- Benefit from a wide range of ongoing training and development.
Travel details: In your local community
Minimum age for applicants: 18
Expenses paid: Yes (Out of pocket expenses e.g. bus travel, mileage, tea/coffee)
Training details: Full training is provided as well as regular support and guidance from a member of the Space Age Connection Team
If you’d like to find out more about Space Age Connections get in touch -we’d love to hear from you!
Contact: Nancy Bryson T: 0131 455 7731 M: 07715 208477 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org