Space @ The Broomhouse Hub is looking for volunteers to help support our Training Academy! The purpose of this role is to help our team members in organising and delivering a programme of engaging, fun, and educational learning & development activities, in consultation with our trainees/members. The role could also involve helping with the administration, social media and planning of projects.
Space Training Academy works with a range of people in the community of different ages, abilities, backgrounds, and cultures. We provide training and support to help people build connections & confidence, develop skills for life and work, and ultimately find paid employment, or other opportunities.
We are looking for volunteers to help with our different groups that are spread across the week Monday to Friday including:
- ESOL (English to speakers of other languages) classes
- Women’s Collective – weekly social group for Mums (New Scots)
- Living & Learning in Scotland course – for Ukrainians and other New Scots
- Pick ‘n’ Mix to Employment for 16-24 year olds (groups in wellbeing, employability and 1:1 support)
- Planning Futures for Parents: career planning and personal development
- Space Station: catering & hospitality course – for people wanting to enter this sector of work
We are looking for volunteers who are passionate about education and supporting people to realise their potential. Ideally people who want to gain experience of a community learning and development environment as part of their own career path.
This role is suitable for people aged 18 or over.
If you’d like to find out more please give us a call for a brief chat – we’d love to hear from you!
Contact: Lyndsey Fischer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07809 904 231