Position: Training & Employability Project Worker
Hours: 25hrs per week, flexible working options
Salary: C4 – £27,442 per annum pro-rata (actual salary £19,057)
Annual Leave: 32 days in year one increasing to 37 in year two of employment, Pro-Rata
Benefits: Access to Employee Assistance Programme
Location: The Broomhouse Hub, Edinburgh, EH11 3RH
Closing date: Tuesday 12th July 2022
We are looking for an experienced Training and Employability worker to join our team.
The project worker will work with young people and others who are experiencing barriers to employment such as people with learning difficulties, mental health challenges, and those who have experience of the criminal justice system. The project worker will support these people through 1:1 support and group training, helping them to access opportunities to move them along the employability pipeline.
- Deliver & develop a program of engaging and inspiring employability group training & 1:1 support
- Support people to apply for suitable paid employment or other opportunities that help them progress through the employability pipeline
- Stay abreast of job, work placement, volunteering, and training opportunities in sectors of interest to support people into new opportunities
- On occasions work with external training suppliers to provide relevant training courses and/or specialised sessions
- Promote Space projects through a range of means in order to recruit people looking for training and support with a view to ultimately finding paid employment
- Provide 1:1 employability support to people to monitor progress and address issues
- Develop monitoring and evaluation systems to track work against targets and produce quarterly reports
- Recruit, train and support volunteers
The full Job Description for the role can be found HERE
Space and The Broomhouse Hub is a community anchor organisation supporting people in South Edinburgh, with some of our services stretching city wide. Our mission is: ‘To nurture, support & inspire, so that lives are fuller, potential is fulfilled & community connections flourish.’
As part of our developing services we are recruiting an experienced Training Employability Project Worker to work in our Training Academy, supporting people with barriers to employment to get into, or closer towards, paid employment.
Space Training Academy is a community training service run by a team of dedicated staff and volunteers that offers engaging group training and 1:1 employability support to people in the community.
Find more information about Space here- Our Services – Space
How to apply:
To apply, please return your completed application form and a covering letter detailing how your skills and experience meet each required area of the person specification for the role. Your covering letter is essential and the contents will be used for the shortlisting process.
Email your completed application pack to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 12th July 2022
Click to download:
Space & Broomhouse Hub is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity