Position: Relationships and Fundraising Manager
Hours: Full Time, 36 hours per week
Salary: £28,936 per annum
Annual Leave: 20 days annual leave in year one, increasing to 25 days in year two of employment. Plus 12 public holidays
Pension: 5% employers contribution
Location: The Broomhouse Hub, EH11 3RH
Closing date: 5pm Monday 31st January 2022
1st Interview: Tuesday 9th February 2022
Stage 2 interview: Wednesday 15th February 2022
We are recruiting a Relationships and Fundraising Manager to lead operations that generate money through partnerships, trusts and foundations, grants, donations, and all other aspects of fundraising.
The Relationships and Fundraising Manager will:
- Lead the development of an organisational funding strategy to sustain resilient and robust income streams for all of our work, to include a calendar of fundraising appeals and events, ensuring a planned return on any investment; growing unrestricted income, meeting financial and organisational objectives, targets and KPIs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with trusted partners in order to increase Space’s income across Trusts, Foundations, Corporate Supporters and individuals.
- Create ingenious ways to raise awareness of Space and its services, implementing marketing strategies and promotional campaigns to attract new funding opportunities.
- Prepare annual forecasts and quarterly budgets for review to deliver agreed outcomes and inform future funding applications.
- Represent Space at relevant groups and bodies. Organising and attending speaking events and networking with relevant stakeholders.
The full job description with a list of key tasks and the person specification for the role can be found below.
Space & Broomhouse Hub is a Scottish award-nominated charity organisation working to improve the happiness, mood & mental wellbeing of our community members; enhancing physical health, developing skills & job opportunities, whilst growing the confidence of the residents of our area and beyond in South West Edinburgh. We do this by nurturing, supporting and inspiring people of all ages so that lives are fuller, potential is fulfilled and community connections flourish.
In 1991, at a time of depression and recession, community activism and a refusal to accept Broomhouse deserved anything less than other communities – local residents campaigned to turn a row of six shops into one centre- The Broomhouse Centre.
30 years on, and still with local community groups and trustees at the core, Space at the Broomhouse Hub has a new state-of-the-art community building housing a community training café. We have grown and now deliver 17 projects, with 50+ staff and 250+ volunteers. We deliver diverse services supporting young people, families, older people, and carers amongst others, engaging with local people more than 34,000 times last year.
Whilst holding the integrity of Space at our core, we are a values-led organisation that is:
Welcoming - Nurturing relationships & kind experiences that enable people to smile, flourish & be resilient
Fun - Passionate, non-judgmental & friendly people, developing an inclusive community
Creative - Initiating and embracing challenges, innovation, opportunities, and new ideas
Bold - Ambitious, aspirational, and determined to have a lasting impact
Trustworthy- Open, honest, holistic, professional, and transparent – continually improving our effectiveness
More information about Space can be found here
How to apply:
To apply, please email your completed application form and a covering letter to email@example.com
Please include in your cover letter a supporting statement evidencing:
- how your skills and experience meet each area of the person specification for the role
- explain how your experience and skills are relevant to the role
- outline where you think your values complement and coincide with those of Space
Any pre-application inquiries should also be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click to download:
Space & Broomhouse Hub is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity