We are looking for a friendly and welcoming person to be the first point of contact for our organisation as our volunteer receptionist.
Main duties include:
- Answering phone calls in a polite and friendly manner, directing enquiries to the correct member of the team.
- Welcoming visitors to The Broomhouse Hub.
- Answering email enquiries.
- Receive deliveries and distribute incoming mail.
- Maintain the reception area, ensuring it is clean & tidy.
- Assist with some basic administration tasks including printing/photocopying.
Excellent written and verbal English is essential. A warm & friendly manner. Positive attitude towards work. Commitment to equal rights for all. Being comfortable with basic technology e.g. telephone, laptop, photocopier, printer. Some prior experience of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel.
Volunteers will be provided with an induction to the organisation and will be provided role specific training, working along side a member of staff to get an understanding of the role. Volunteers will also be provided with regular support & supervision throughout their volunteering term.
Flexibility & Commitment
Flexible hours between 9-5pm Mon – Fri, a minimum commitment of 4hrs per week is preferable
The Broomhouse Hub, EH11 3RH and potentially other areas in South West Edinburgh
Volunteers can claim for travel expenses by completing a simple form and providing receipts (where applicable).
For more information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org