Youth & Families
Our Youth & Families team provides a range of services that support children, young people and their families.
“You have been such a welcome support. My son has felt accepted and safe. He has made
friends. Knowing that you will be calling on a regular basis is such a huge relief”
“I can’t thank you enough we had nothing and the kids hadn’t eaten a hot meal in over a
week, we could not have managed this year without all your help and support”
“Thank you for calling me. I did not think anyone would want to talk to me right now and
I’m in very dark place.”
Youth and Family Services:
• Young Carers Services: A number of services which provides a range of support to children
and young people caring for their family members. We support young carers aged from 5-25, across
the locality of South West Edinburgh, and their families. There is one to one support, school
based support, group support and other opportunities for young people with a caring role
• Adult Carers Services: Information and Support, part of Edinburgh Carers Support Team, in South West Edinburgh.
This is a service for anyone who is a carer, which offers support, information and advocacy to carers on a one-to-one basis
as well as monthly Carer Support Group, and a Carer Peer Support Group
• Youth Befriending Services: This project provides a befriending service for young people from South West Edinburgh,
aged 5-16, affected by parental drug or alcohol use.
• Big Hearts Befriending: This project supports young people. city-wide, who are in kinship care,
aged 7-14 years old, in partnership with Big Hearts Community Trust
• Young People’s Counselling: An in-house counselling and art therapy service for young people using our services
and schools in South West Edinburgh. This is a unique service that offers one-one counselling on site or on school sites
to children and young people between the ages of 5yrs and 25yrs
• Friday Youth club: open access and detached youth work provision.
Every Friday 4:30pm to 6pm for ages 8-11 and 6:30pm to 8pm for ages 12-14
• Bookbug: This group is for all parents and carers in the area with little ones (Under 5) to come together
every Tuesday 9:30am to 10:30am and join us for some rhymes and stories
• PHEW: PHEW offers 18 to 25 year olds a safe and friendly space to make connections with others
and develop a better understanding of mental health and wellbeing, in a group setting, or via 1:1 support